|App Name||Google Home|
|Released on||Jul 18, 2013|
The Google Home app is a powerful tool that allows you to control your smart home devices from anywhere. It is designed to work with Google Home speakers, Chromecast devices, Nest products, and other compatible smart devices.
While Google Home is primarily designed to work with Android and iOS devices, you can also use it on your Windows or Mac computer with the help of an Android emulator. In this article, we will explore the steps to set up Google Home on your Mac.
Features of Google Home
How to Download Google Home on Mac PC?
The Google Home app is not available for Mac on the App Store, but what if you want to use it on your Mac?
There are a few ways to download and use the Google Home app on Mac.
Use an Android emulator
One way to download the Google Home app on Mac is to use an Android emulator. An Android emulator is a program that allows you to run an Android operating system on your Mac. There are many different Android emulators available, but one of the most popular is BlueStacks.
To use BlueStacks to download the Google Home app, follow these steps:
- Download and install BlueStacks on your Mac.
- Open BlueStacks and sign in Play Store with your Google account.
- Search for “Google Home” in the Google Play Store.
- Click on the “Install” button to install the Google Home app.
- Once the Google Home app is installed, open it and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Google Home devices.
Connecting to Google Home with Chromecast
Google Chrome browser helps you to use some limited functionalities of the Google Home app, but you cannot set up new devices or access all of the app’s features.
Chrome browser has a Chromecast built-in feature for casting media, such as music or videos, to your devices. If you want to do more than that, such as set up new devices or control other aspects of your smart home, you will need to use an Android emulator.
Here are the steps on how to cast audio or video from Chrome to your Google Home devices:
- Make sure that your Google Home device and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Chrome and go to the website that you want to cast from.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Select “Cast.”
- Select your Google Home device from the list of available devices.
- The content will start to play on your Google Home device.
There is no official Google Home app for Mac. However, you can use an Android emulator to run the Google Home app on your Mac.
Yes, you can use Google Home on your Mac. However, you will need to use an Android emulator to do so. There are many different Android emulators available, such as BlueStacks and Nox App Player. Once you have installed an emulator, you can download the Google Home app from the Google Play Store.
Google Home is a popular smart home platform that allows users to control their smart home devices with their voice. While there is no official Google Home app for Mac, users can use an Android emulator to run the Google Home app on their Mac. This allows users to control their smart home devices from their Mac, as well as access other features of the Google Home app, such as playing music, getting news, and setting alarms.